- Make a complaint or give feedback
- What happens after you've made a complaint
- If you are unhappy with how we've dealt with your complaint
- Full complaints policy
- Our performance
What happens after you've made a complaint
When you tell us that you aren't happy with the service we have given, we use this feedback to put things right and make sure the same mistakes don't happen again.
We'll try to resolve it straight away
Many complaints can be resolved straight away. For those that can't, there are two stages to our complaints process.
Stage one - investigation
If we haven't been able to resolve the issue straight away, it will go to stage one.
At stage one, we will:
- phone or email you within 3 working days, to acknowledge your complaint and give you a unique reference number
- investigate the issue(s)
- send you a written response within 10 working days (if this isn't possible, we will contact you to explain why and agree a new target date with you, up to another 10 working days)
These timescales start from the first working day after the complaint has been logged.
Stage two - second opinion
If you are not satisfied with our response at stage one, you can ask for your complaint to go to stage two. You must give a clear reason for escalating the complaint to stage two.
The purpose of stage two is to assess how the complaint has been investigated at stage one. We will also review any new information provided to assess the complaint.
At stage two:
- we will phone or email you within 3 working days to acknowledge your complaint
- a Customer Feedback Officer will investigate your complaint
- the Customer Feedback Officer will report the investigation findings to our Managing Director (or one of our Directors, if the Managing Director isn't available)
- we will reply to your complaint within 20 working days (if this isn't possible, we will contact you to explain why and agree a new target date with you)
For complaints about debt advice, we must send you a response within a maximum of 30 working days.
Next page: If you are unhappy with how we've dealt with your complaint