Help you may be entitled to:
The Priority Services Register
The Priority Services Register is open to anyone of pensionable age, or who is disabled or chronically sick. It can offer:
- free energy use advice
- a password protection scheme
- meters moved to an accessible place
- controls and adaptors for appliances
- quarterly meter readings
- bills sent to a relative, friend or carer for checking
- if all adults in your home are on the Priority Services Register - you may get help when supply is disrupted to ensure your home is warm
- advance notice of planned interrupted supply
- meter readings supplied in suitable formats
For more information go to Citizens Advice: Getting extra support from your energy supplier.
Winter Fuel Payment
Winter Fuel Payment (or Winter Fuel Allowance) is an annual payment to help with heating costs, made to households with someone over pension credit age.
Not heating your home properly can put you at risk of cold-related illnesses such as a heart attack or even hypothermia.
How much will I get?
To find out how much you could get, see Gov.UK: Winter Fuel Payment.
You only need to claim this allowance once - then you should get the payment annually as long as your circumstances do not change.
The payment will be made directly into your bank account in either November or December. If you don't receive the payment call the Winter Fuel Payments Helpline on 0845 915 1515.
For more information go to Gov.UK: Winter Fuel Payment.
Cold weather payments
Cold Weather Payments are made to eligible people when the weather is very cold.
Find more information at GOV.UK: Cold Weather Payment.
Warm Home Discount
The Warm Home Discount scheme is a government scheme, administered by electricity suppliers, which gives those who are eligible a one off payment applied to their electricity bill.
Find more information at GOV.UK: Warm Home Discount Scheme.