Rent free weeks for 2020
- Week beginning Monday 27 July 2020
- Week beginning Monday 3 August 2020
- Week beginning Monday 21 December 2020
- Week beginning Monday 28 December 2020
You will get 4 'rent free weeks' or 'non charge weeks' every year.
If you pay weekly or fortnightly
If you pay weekly or fortnightly, you get 4 rent free weeks every year.
These are usually:
- The last week of July and the first week of August
- The 2 weeks over Christmas
You will need to continue to make payments during the rent free weeks if:
- You owe money on your rent, or
- You have a court order
If you end your tenancy before the rent free weeks, you won't be entitled to a refund.
If you pay monthly or by Direct Debit
If you pay monthly or by Direct Debit, your yearly rent will be reduced by 4 weeks, making your regular payments smaller. As your rent free weeks are spread over the year, you will still pay all of your instalments.