When a property becomes empty we aim to carry out any repairs as soon as possible. Following a clearance, repair survey, periodic test and capping gas supply the property will be categorised for repair.
- category 1 - minor or no repairs - 7 calendar days
- category 2 - a number of routine repairs e.g. new internal doors, minor plastering - 14 calendar days
- category 3 - extensive plastering, door renewals, woodwork repairs and/or one element of decent homes work i.e. kitchen or bathroom - 21 calendar days
- category 4 - structural repairs i.e. damp proof course, woodworm treatment, floor heave, two or more elements of decent homes work - 56 calendar days
The following works will be completed within five calendar days of receipt of keys:
- lock change
- key safe installed
- property cleared
- asbestos survey
- electrical periodic test
- gas capped off
- repair survey completed
- energy performance survey completed
New tenants will sign a lettable standard checklist at the offer viewing.