- Before the visit
- When we arrive
- During the visit
The health, safety and wellbeing of customers and staff is our top priority at South Tyneside Homes, particularly during these difficult times.
If we need to visit your home (for example: to make a repair), we will take precautions to keep you and our staff safe. Please also do your bit and follow the "Hands, Face, Space" guidance at all times.
Read below for information on what we're doing to keep you and us safe, or watch the video:
Before the visit
When arranging a repair or visit to your home, we will ask:
- if you or anyone in your household has any COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating
- if you have any health conditions that make you vulnerable to the virus - this will help us to make sure that we can protect you and carry out the visit as safely as possible
It is important that you tell us if you or anyone in your household develop symptoms, or are asked to self-isolate before our visit. If this happens, we will rearrange your appointment. Or if the visit is an emergency, we will arrange for our staff to have additional personal protective equipment (PPE).
When we arrive
When we arrive, we will:
- step back from the door to maintain social distancing
- ask you to confirm that you and members of your household have not developed COVID-19 symptoms, or are self-isolating due to a positive test result
- make sure that we're wearing the appropriate PPE before entering your home
- wash or sanitise our hands - we do this before and after each visit and often throughout the day
Please do your bit to help keep us and you safe. We ask that you:
- open windows where possible to allow fresh air in
- open all internal doors, so that we can avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily
- clear the area we will be working in (for repairs and maintenance visits)
During the visit
For repairs or maintenance visits:
- we will wipe down the area with anti-bacterial wipes before starting any work and when the work is completed
- we will clean tools and equipment between each visit
- we ask that you move to another room whilst the member of staff carries out the work
Most visits will be for repairs and maintenance. Our other housing staff are limiting visits wherever possible during this time. However if we do need to visit you, we will keep the visit as short as possible.