1. Overview
  2. What you can buy with the card
  3. When you will get your card
  4. How much you will get
  5. Using your card
  6. Lost or stolen cards


If you're moving into a new home or have had Decent Homes work carried out, we will sometimes give you a payment to help you with the cost of decorating your home.

We do not issue cash or cheques as payment. Instead, we will give you a Wilko Decorating Card.

You can use this in any Wilko store to buy decorating materials.

What you can buy with the card

The card can be used to buy the following items only:

  • interior paints
  • wood care and varnishes
  • wallpaper and pastes
  • decorating utensils (non powered)
  • sandpaper
  • fillers and sealant

When you will get your card

  • New tenants
    You will be given your Wilko Decorating Card when you sign-up at your local housing office.
  • Existing tenants
    When we have completed Decent Homes work in your home, your Tenant Liaison Officer will visit you to complete your satisfaction survey. You will get your card during this visit.

How much you will get

Your payment will be based on a maximum payment of £25 per room, up to a maximum payment of £200 per home.

If you choose to have your kitchen or bathroom decorated as part of your Decent Homes work, we will reduce your payment accordingly.

If you have rent arrears of more than £500, we will credit your rent account with the value of your payment.

If we do this we will let you know.

Using your card

You can use your card in any Wilko store within 48 to 72 hours of receiving it.

You can spend as much or as little as you want on the card.

You will have 2 years to spend your allowance.

Whenever you use your card, you will get a receipt which will show you the remaining balance on your card.

Lost or stolen cards

If your card is lost or stolen we can cancel it with just a quick phone call to Wilko.

We will then give you a new card.

The balance on the replacement card will be the same as that on the original card before it was cancelled.